Microsoft will announce the brand new Windows 11 operating system on June 24th at 11 am ET, as confirmed from the official Windows twitter handle. While the Microsoft Event 2021 is just a few days from now, the first Windows 11 developer build has already leaked. So download and install Windows 11 ISO onto any PC!
Here we have the first leaked Windows 11 OS with build 21996.1. While some have been able to install it directly on barebone hardware, others claim that you need a virtual sandbox. All you need to do is download the latest VM VirtualBox software and in settings select Windows 10 – 64 bit. This should do the trick to install Windows 11 on most computers in virtual sandbox without affecting anything. Also, note that this is a developer preview and not meant as a daily driver.
As you can see from the screenshots, Windows 11 features a new user interface, refreshing the older Windows 10 design. The first thing you will notice is the new Windows 11 boot logo itself and also the new start logo. Secondly, the the white theme has changed to a blueish shade and also supports many in-built themes including dark mode; as shown below.
The taskbar icons are now aligned to the center including the start menu option. The new OS also brings new icons, shapes, and fonts.
Windows 11 Download ISO
Windows 11 ISO are now available for downloads. The following download links are direct ISO files. You can create installable USB flash drives and install it onto any PC.
Thanks to @ADeltaXForce, for making the ISO available and also showing us how to setup.
Keep in mind that the leaked build is a 64-bit ISO image, so you won’t be able to install Windows 11 on your 32-bit Windows PC as of now.
Install Windows 11 on Any Laptop, PC
- Once you have downloaded the leaked Windows 11 build, it’s time to flash the ISO image on a thumb drive. Make sure you have a USB thumb drive with at least 16GB of storage space. Now, go ahead and download Rufus (Free). You can check out Rufus alternatives if you need another software to create the bootable installer drive.
Next, launch Rufus and click on “SELECT” and choose the Windows 11 ISO image. Make sure the USB thumb drive is selected in the “Device” drop-down menu. After that, keep everything as default and click on the “START” button.
- Now, go through the initial on-screen instructions and let Rufus flash Windows 11 on the USB drive.
Once the process is done, plug the USB drive on the PC where you want to install Windows 11. If you want to install Windows 11 on the same PC, keep the USB stick plugged in. After that, restart your computer.
4. Next, press the boot key continuously while your computer boots up. It will allow you to select the Boot device. For HP laptops, it’s the Esc or F9 key. You can look for the boot key for your laptop/ PC from the internet. It should be one of these: F9, Esc, F12, F10, etc.
- From the Boot device options, select the USB thumb drive on which you just flashed the leaked Windows 11 build.
- Finally, the Windows 11 installer will start. In case you see a prompt asking whether you want to continue the upgrade or clean install Windows 11. Click on “No” to clean install Windows 11.
- Now, the setup process is similar to how we install Windows 10. Simply choose Install Now -> I don’t have a product key -> Select Windows 11 edition -> Custom.
Note: If you get “The PC can’t run Windows 11” error or a driver-related issue appears, then worry not. Move to the next section to find the solution.
- Here, select the partition on which you want to install Windows 11. After that, the Windows 11 installation process will start on your PC.
- Soon, your PC will restart, and a new Windows 11 OOBE setup screen will appear. You can now unplug the USB stick. Go through the on-screen instructions and sign in with your Microsoft account. You can also create an offline account if you want.
Finally, Windows 11 will be live on your PC.
Fix “The PC Can’t Run Windows 11” Issue
There are two ways to fix “The PC can’t run Windows 11” error and driver-related errors that may crop up during the installation process. First off, to boot Windows 11, Microsoft has made it mandatory to support TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. So basically, you will have to boot into the BIOS/ UEFI and enable both TPM and Secure Boot. And then, the Windows 11 installer should load without any issues.
However, I didn’t take this route as Secure Boot can possibly stall the Windows 11 installation due to integrity and signature checks. So we have another solution at hand, which is a tried and tested method, and it worked successfully on my computer.
- Click on this link and download the latest Windows 10 ISO image from Microsoft’s website. I used the Windows 10 May 2021 build, so I will recommend that. By the way, you can also use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to download the ISO image.
Once you have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO image, right-click on it and select “Mount”.
- The ISO image will be mounted as a drive. Now, move to the mounted drive and open the “Sources” folder.
- Here, select all the files except for “install.wim”“. Now, press “Ctrl+C” to copy the files. Repeating again, make sure “install.wim”” is not selected when you copy the files.
- Now, plug the USB thumb drive on which you had flashed Windows 11. Open the USB drive and move to the same “Sources” folder.
- Here, paste the files you just copied. You can simply use the Windows 10 keyboard shortcut “Ctrl +V”. Basically, we are replacing Windows 11 files with Windows 10 ones except for the “install.wim”” file. When you get a prompt, click on the “Replace the file in the destination” option.
- Once the files are replaced, you are almost done. Now, just restart your computer and follow the same instructions I have mentioned in the above section. This time you will not face “The PC can’t run Windows 11” or a Driver-related error while installing Windows 11 on your PC.
Run Windows 11 On Your Computer Without Any Issue
So that is how you can download the Windows 11 ISO image and get Windows 11 up and running on your laptop or desktop without any issue. I suggest you follow the instructions step by step, and you will have Windows 11 installed in no time. Anyway, that is all from us. If you are facing any issues, comment down below and let us know. We will help you out with any Windows 11 installation woes.